The Daily MileOur school has fully embraced the Daily Mile movement over the past few weeks! Many thanks to Ms. Kelly for bringing the initiative to the attention of staff. The children walk, jog or run with their classmates each day. Everyone has fun taking part- it is not P.E and it is not competitive- while building relationships, confidence and resilience. This can be summed up in the Five F’s of the movement-
· Fitness- children become more aware of a healthy lifestyle
· Fresh Air- children thrive on the sights, sounds and seasons
· Friends- children use the language of friendship to support each other
· Fun- children enjoy taking part- this is what makes The Daily Mile so successful
· Focus- daily physical activity helps children concentrate in the classroom and is proven to raise attainment.